- You probably need 1/2 day to visit this park.
- You are most likely not going to visit this park on its own. Think about combining a visit to Great Basin NP with Zion NP, Bryce Canyon NP, Arches NP and Canyonlands NP. For a 2-week itinerary through 7 National parks in Nevada, Arizona and Utah, see this page.
- This area is very remote – there aren’t too many places to stay close to Great Basin NP.
- Drive to Great Basin Visitor Center
- Lehmann Caves (SKIP)
- Wheeler Peak Overlook
- Alpine Lakes Trail
- 2.7miles, 470 feet elevation. Before completing the loop, connect to the Bristlecone Pine Trail – go up to the Bristlecone pines and the return to the parking lot
- See the night sky. Great Basin National Park and the surrounding areas offer some of the best night sky viewing opportunities in the US
- [Sleep near Baker]
- The map might appear broken because roads are closed in the winter