Snowmobile Rental at Daniel Summit Lodge
Rentals are at the general store (Building to the left of the Daniel’s Summit Lodge)
Rental for 1 snowmobile –
$129 for 2 hours + $50 for additional rider + $10 gas you used (~) = $189
+ $40 for every extra hour (or part thereof)
- We rode for 3 hours, instead of 2, but the owners are lenient and did not charge us extra.
- They give you a helmet and goggles with the snowmobile. Suits and boots are extra.
- You sign waivers and pay upstairs, then walk downstairs to pick up helmets and goggles
- The snowmobile comes with a full tank of gas, you ride and then, on return, pay for the gas you used up (~ $10)
- They offer a damage waiver for $35, but the damage waiver is only for damage exceeding $500, which means for damage less than $500, you will pay for it in full. We did not buy the waiver
Snowshoe Rental at Daniel Summit Lodge
- I do not recommend this
- Rental is at the reception of the Daniel’s Summit Lodge.
- $15 per pair for half a day
- The snowshoes were not in good shape (missing, broken bindings)
- The staff is not knowledgeable (Never wore a snowshoe, gave me 2 left shoes – I dint know any better, I was a first-timer)
- You go snowshoeing on a poorly marked, poorly maintained trail starting at the parking lot, to the right of the Lodge.
Snowshoeing at Solitude Nordic Center
- Location:40.60332, -111.58457
- Snowshoe rentals are $17 pp ($12 + $5 to use the trail)
- Staff is very knowledgeable and experienced
- Large selection of snowshoes
- The groomed trail is along the (frozen) Silver Lake. The trail is marked OK. Several loops are available (ranging for just over a mile to several miles)
Stroll Main Street of Park City
- Main Street (half mile) has a lot of restaurants, bars, art galleries, jewelry stores – nice, pleasant stroll
- Parking on Main Street is paid, but you can park for free on the streets parallel to Main Street
- Stroll (40.64171, -111.4947) to (40.64783, -111.49838)
Grand America Hotel
- 40.7575, -111.89053
- Grand America Hotel is known for its opulence – I recommend visiting if you have some time. You dont have to stay there to visit – just enter through the main entrance, and take a little walk
- One of the best hotels in America
- Elaborate chandeliers, million-dollar mirror
- The million-dollar mirror is a right behind the bar. Look for it on the left side after walking straight through the reception area, right behind the bar. If you cannot find it, dont hesitate to ask the staff. Expect to be disappointed – its a nondescript mirror, obscured by a coffee machine and liquor bottles and other things.
Salt Lake City + Park City
Pictures taken with a Canon T3I with 18-55 and 55-250 kit lenses